Re: Table Partitioning in Postgres:

From: Christopher Browne <cbbrowne(at)acm(dot)org>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Table Partitioning in Postgres:
Date: 2003-02-20 03:32:18
Lists: pgsql-general

In an attempt to throw the authorities off his trail, greg(at)CopelandConsulting(dot)Net (Greg Copeland) transmitted:
> While I have read that many expect serial ATA to seriously challenge
> SCSI I honestly have no idea where the rhetoric stops and reality
> begins. I'd hazard a guess we'll really not know the whole truth until
> samples become widely available from multiple sources including drives,
> drivers, and host interfaces.

I'd see Serial ATA being a "serious challenger" if it allowed you to
cheaply build some "embarrassingly-parallel" RAID servers where you
were able to get 16 drives hooked up, each on its own ATA 'bus' for
about the price of 4-way SCSI.

But the intended market is doubtless the super-price-conscious market,
which naturally leads to the overall quality of the results being
pretty compromised.
--
output = ("cbbrowne" "@ntlug.org")
http://www3.sympatico.ca/cbbrowne/sgml.html