current CVS snapshot of pgsql crash ...

From: David Sauer <davids(at)orfinet(dot)cz>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: current CVS snapshot of pgsql crash ...
Date: 1999-06-02 21:00:40
Lists: pgsql-hackers

This happens, when I want do this:
(4) $ sql
Welcome to the POSTGRESQL interactive sql monitor:
Please read the file COPYRIGHT for copyright terms of POSTGRESQL
[PostgreSQL 6.5.0 on i586-pc-linux-gnu, compiled by gcc egcs-2.91.66]

type \? for help on slash commands
type \q to quit
type \g or terminate with semicolon to execute query
You are currently connected to the database: david

david=> create table t (e oid);
CREATE
david=> insert into t values (lo_import('/tmp/1'));
INSERT 19000 1
david=> \d
Database = david
+------------------+----------------------------------+----------+
| Owner | Relation | Type |
+------------------+----------------------------------+----------+
| david | t | table |
| david | xinx18986 | index |
+------------------+----------------------------------+----------+

david=> select textout(byteaout(odata)) from xinv18986;
before or while processing the request.
We have lost the connection to the backend, so further processing is impossible. Terminating.

And in log is:
Jun 2 22:56:27 chameleon PGSQL: FATAL 1: Memory exhausted in AllocSetAlloc()

================================
File /tmp/1 contains:
djdjd
djdjdjd
djdjdjdjdjdj
ddjdjdjjd
djdjdjjjdjdjdjdjd
djdjdj

This example doesn't have good meaning, but I dont like crash of my
database ...

thanks,

--
* David Sauer, student of Czech Technical University
* electronic mail: davids(at)orfinet(dot)cz (mime compatible)