Re: java virtual machine

From: Gunnar Rønning <gunnar(at)polygnosis(dot)com>
To: tweekie <None(at)news(dot)tht(dot)net>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: java virtual machine
Date: 2001-10-26 01:05:49
Lists: pgsql-hackers

* tweekie <None(at)news(dot)tht(dot)net> wrote:

| I asked this question a while back but got no response - is there any way of
| creating a Java stored procedure in a postgres database ? I can see that
| there is a built-in PL/sql type of environment and a python one but it would
| be nice if I could migrate Java stored procedures in an Oracle database into
| postgres.
|
| Any comments?

It would rock ;-) An Hungarian guy just sent a mail indicating that he
had a first prototype version of something with Kaffe up and running.
But I believe there is a lot of issues to be solved, especially
threading issues...

--
Gunnar Rønning - gunnar(at)polygnosis(dot)com
Senior Consultant, Polygnosis AS, http://www.polygnosis.com/