Regression tests of plain 7.0.2 fails

From: 100(dot)179370(at)germanynet(dot)de (Martin Jacobs)
Subject: Regression tests of plain 7.0.2 fails
Date: 2000-10-09 20:55:33
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi,

I have just downloaded 7.0.2, extracted the source into a
separate directory, configured it, did a gmake and then tried to
to a parallel regression test.

For this I (as user postgres) stopped the running postmaster of
6.3.2, changed to directory test/regression and started

make runcheck

Ignoring the minor floatingpoint errors, the first annoying
severe was in parallel group2

sequential test create_type ... FAILED

Here is the detail

--
- CREATE_TYPE
-
CREATE TYPE widget (
internallength = 24,
input = widget_in,
output = widget_out,
alignment = double
);
ERROR: TypeCreate: function 'widget_in(opaque)' does not exist
CREATE TYPE city_budget (
internallength = 16,
input = int44in,
output = int44out,
element = int4
);

What's going wrong that this function is missing? I compiled
using gcc-2.95-2, no errors during compilation.

There are more failed tests :-(

Martin