Re: [HACKERS] New Globe

From: wieck(at)debis(dot)com (Jan Wieck)
To: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Vince Vielhaber <vev(at)michvhf(dot)com>, Jan Wieck <wieck(at)debis(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] New Globe
Date: 2000-02-07 17:11:56
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> > Yep. Did it on hub. Took (I think) 6 and a half hours.
>
> That's it. No new developers. The globe takes too long to generate. :-)

Not as much as a problem you might think it is. The default
make target is a poor quality image, rendering aprox. 2
minutes on my 333MHz PII. So adding/removing pins can be
verified/tested quickly.

Only rendering the final image in full quality is what pushes
the CPU against the wall.

Jan

# Let's break this rule - forgive me. #