Re: [SQL] pqReadData() error

From: wieck(at)debis(dot)com (Jan Wieck)
To: dipanc(at)yahoo(dot)com (Dipankar Chakrabarti)
Cc: pgsql-sql(at)hub(dot)org
Subject: Re: [SQL] pqReadData() error
Date: 1999-11-25 12:37:11
Lists: pgsql-sql

> Hi,
>
> I am creating functions from saved in text files on
> PostgreSQL 6.5 on linux by
> $ psql mydb2 <myfunc.txt
>
> If the function is large ( more than say 50 lines) or

Maybe the functions text portion exceeds 2K?

There is an index on functions source text in version 6.5.
It's totally useless, left over from the history. Now there
is some problem with btree indices when the items exceed 2K,
that can crash the backend.

I've removed this index in the actual 7.0 tree. It's not a
trivial task and requires an initdb run after the
modification. If you want to give it a try, I might help you
to do it.

Jan

# Let's break this rule - forgive me. #