Re: [SQL] offtopic: odbc C frontend for linux?

From: wieck(at)debis(dot)com (Jan Wieck)
To: s-fery(at)kkt(dot)sote(dot)hu
Cc: pgsql-sql(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: [SQL] offtopic: odbc C frontend for linux?
Date: 1999-07-08 21:52:39
Lists: pgsql-sql

> Hi all,
>
> I need to connect to odbc data sources with a linux C prg. Can I do
> it? (And how? ;-)

Not that offtopic IMHO.

Sybase offers an ODBC client library (ctlib). This is AFAIK
freely available for Linux (binary only and other OS versions
are told to cost money).

I never played around with it, but I've read that it could
also contact other ODBC datasources like MS SQL-Server. Might
be worth looking at it.

Jan

# Let's break this rule - forgive me. #