PL installation

From: jwieck(at)debis(dot)com (Jan Wieck)
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org (PostgreSQL HACKERS)
Subject: PL installation
Date: 1999-05-20 17:03:51
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi,

I've just removed the automatic installation of built
procedural languages from initdb again.

Instead there are two new commands in src/bin.

createlang [options] [langname [dbname]]
options are: --pglib path
-a authsys
-h host
-p port

destroylang [options] [langname [dbname]]
options are: -a authsys
-h host
-p port

Createlang checks if the language and call handler aren't
installed already and if the shared object is in PGLIB before
attempting to install the language.

Destroylang refuses to remove the language if functions still
exist in pg_proc that reference the language. There is no
'force' switch because a destroylang/createlang sequence
would corrupt the functions (they still point to the old
prolang OID) and I don't want those user questions flooding
the lists.

The required call of createlang is added to regress.sh.

Thomas, I'm actually unable to do anything in the sgml area.
Would you please be so kind to change the appropriate notes
in the PL/pgSQL and PL/Tcl docs? And maybe add the new
commands?

Jan

# Let's break this rule - forgive me. #