Re: [HACKERS] Open 6.5 items

From: jwieck(at)debis(dot)com (Jan Wieck)
To: maillist(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us (Bruce Momjian)
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] Open 6.5 items
Date: 1999-05-20 13:05:49
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> shift/reduce conflict in grammar, SELECT ... FOR [UPDATE|CURSOR]

Fixed.

The problem was that CursorStmt tried to parse FOR UPDATE
which is already parsed by SelectStmt.

To fix it I had to add FOR READ ONLY to SelectStmt (returning
NULL for forUpdate as if empty) and let CursorStmt look at
there for the elog(). Don't know if FOR READ ONLY is O.K. for
regular SELECT queries too, but I think it's better to allow
this than to remove this syntax from CURSOR.

The same error is still in the ecpg parser. AFAICS fixing it
the same way there would make ecpg accept the DECLARE/FOR
UPDATE syntax because there is no Query where to look at a
forUpdate. Any suggestions?

Jan

# Let's break this rule - forgive me. #