Querytree printing

From: jwieck(at)debis(dot)com (Jan Wieck)
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org (PostgreSQL HACKERS)
Subject: Querytree printing
Date: 1999-05-10 18:38:34
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Who needs the pretty printed output of nodeDisplay() ?

I find the output of nodeToString() much more useful when
debugging the rewrite system (especially when looking at
querytree's resulting from joins with many RTE's, Resdom's,
TLE's plus qual, group by etc. clauses. It's hard to keep
track where I am if the entire tree spans hundreds of lines.

Thus I would like to change the output of -d4 back to that of
nodeToString(). Anyone against?

Jan

# Let's break this rule - forgive me. #