Re: [HACKERS] PostgreSQL LOGO (was: Developers Globe (FINAL))

From: jwieck(at)debis(dot)com (Jan Wieck)
To: vev(at)michvhf(dot)com (Vince Vielhaber)
Cc: jwieck(at)debis(dot)com, hannu(at)trust(dot)ee, scrappy(at)hub(dot)org, maillist(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us, hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org, vadim(at)krs(dot)ru, clark(dot)evans(at)manhattanproject(dot)com
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] PostgreSQL LOGO (was: Developers Globe (FINAL))
Date: 1999-03-23 23:50:10
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> Where's the elephant? :)

Still in mind and the last idea of Clark was totally nice -
putting the elephant into the diamond. Need's a complete
crystal diamond (that will eat CPU - man).

> Looks good, but the diamond needs the benefit of a star filter on the
> camera (so to speak). If you need I'll try to explain it in a bit more
> detail.

Outch - yes I know what you mean - I have such a one for my
camera too (along with the other usual ones like the 2 diop
hole lense etc.). That's one of the limits of raytracing
AFAIK. I never had any success on such a thing like a filter.
Also it's impossible to build spectral effects. Spectral
effects are based on the fact that the refractional index of
a material varies on the frequency of the light (that's what
makes the fire in diamonds). But a raytracer cannot do this -
or at least the trace would run infinitely long - thus no
tracer I know of supports it.

But on the star filter I have already an idea. Will try out
some things.

Jan

# Let's break this rule - forgive me. #