Re: [HACKERS] Re: Developers Globe (FINAL)

From: jwieck(at)debis(dot)com (Jan Wieck)
To: scrappy(at)hub(dot)org (The Hermit Hacker)
Cc: jwieck(at)debis(dot)com, maillist(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us, vev(at)michvhf(dot)com, hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org, vadim(at)krs(dot)ru
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] Re: Developers Globe (FINAL)
Date: 1999-03-17 09:10:51
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Marc G. Fournier wrote:

> Jan...
>
> Any way of coming up with a suitable Logo to replace what we have
> on the main screen? Something tasteful that jumps out at you? I like the
> one we do have, but I don't think its very "strong"? How about it? :)

Nothing's impossible with a raytracer and some time! And I
expected this question while creating the map :-)

But it would be nice if some others would share some ideas
for it.

My first thought was a big truck on a road in the desert with
some cirrus clouds in the sky and "PostgreSQL" written on the
trailer. Maybe some snow capped mountains in the background.

Don't think that such a detailed scene is good for a small