Re: [HACKERS] Re: Developers Globe (FINAL)

From: jwieck(at)debis(dot)com (Jan Wieck)
To: maillist(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us (Bruce Momjian)
Cc: jwieck(at)debis(dot)com, scrappy(at)hub(dot)org, vev(at)michvhf(dot)com, hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org, vadim(at)krs(dot)ru
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] Re: Developers Globe (FINAL)
Date: 1999-03-16 19:53:55
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> > > I have to agree on this.
> >
> > Man - first it is too flat, now the logo detracs, the flashes
> > cause problems and ppl vote agains. Next someone want's it
> > back rotating :-)
> >
> > OK, ok - but slow motion now. A version that works for NS4
> > and IE4 is in place. Let's leave it there until we have
> > something better. I really wanted to get my fingers back on
> > raytracing for a long time and that time is now. I'll produce
> > some different map's the next days and place them all into
> > ~wieck/index.html, then we can have a voting.
>
> Now you know how I felt with the globe(too fast, hard to see), and
> static map(bad dots).

The first raytraced example (just a quick shot :-) is in
place.

http://www.postgresql.org/~wieck/index.html

As you might expect, the locations of the nails are from the
same data I already have. I just bent them a little so every
location is visible. There is no map behind, but that's easy
and could have it's hot areas under the knobs of the nails.

Jan

# Let's break this rule - forgive me. #