PL/pgSQL lex/yacc produced files

From: jwieck(at)debis(dot)com (Jan Wieck)
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org (PostgreSQL HACKERS)
Subject: PL/pgSQL lex/yacc produced files
Date: 1998-10-18 20:00:45
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi,

PL/pgSQL is still enabled in the default build. I think it
would be good to have the same semantics for

gram.c
y.tab.h
scan.c

as we have them in backend/parser (don't remove them on make
clean and ship ready to compile versions in the distribution
that are older than gram.y and scan.l). All that must be done
is to remove them from the rm line in the clean step in
plpgsql/src/Makefile.in and add the files to CVS.

And I don't know if the same is/isn't already arranged for
ecpg.

BTW: an sgml documentation for PL/pgSQL and PL/Tcl will soon
be available.

Jan

# Let's break this rule - forgive me. #