documentation bug (was Re: Why is explain horribly optimistic for sorts?)

From: Matthew Rice <matt(at)starnix(dot)com>
To: will trillich <will(at)serensoft(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: documentation bug (was Re: Why is explain horribly optimistic for sorts?)
Date: 2001-03-03 20:31:20
Lists: pgsql-general

will trillich <will(at)serensoft(dot)com> writes:
> create temp table QRY as select * from jennyann where ...;

I'm still learning SQL so I looked up the 'temp' keyword in the
7.0 docs. They describe 'TEMP' in the 'CREATE TABLE' command but
not in the 'CREATE TABLE AS' command.

Well, I just tried it and it worked so I guess it's just an oversight
in the docs.

Regards,
--
matthew rice <matt(at)starnix(dot)com> starnix inc.
tollfree: 1-87-pro-linux thornhill, ontario, canada