Scriptable way to validate a pg_dump restore ?

From: Laura Smith <n5d9xq3ti233xiyif2vp(at)protonmail(dot)ch>
To: postgre <pgsql-general(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Scriptable way to validate a pg_dump restore ?
Date: 2024-01-29 08:12:17
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi

Let's say I've got a scenario where I'm doing a pg_dump replication rather than online streaming, e.g. due to air-gap or whatever.

Is there a scriptable way to validate the restore ?  e.g. using doing something clever with ctid or something to ensure both the schema and all its rows were restored to the same point at which the dump was taken ?

Thanks !

Laura