databse version

From: Philipp Kraus <philipp(dot)kraus(at)flashpixx(dot)de>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: databse version
Date: 2013-06-10 07:52:27
Lists: pgsql-general

Hello,

I'm creating a database and I have got a table with a "version" field.
Can I update on structure changes (DDL) like create / update table
increment this field automatically?
I would like to create a versionizing for my database which counts the changes.
IMHO I need a trigger, which is run if a DDL statement is fired on the database

Thanks

Phil