How do you control IMMUTABLE PG PROC results?

From: "Carlo Stonebanks" <stonec(dot)register(at)sympatico(dot)ca>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: How do you control IMMUTABLE PG PROC results?
Date: 2010-11-05 00:24:14
Lists: pgsql-general

We have procs that would benefit from returning IMMUTABLE results. The procs
are dependent on external tables that rarely change, but when they DO
change, it would be great if we could expire the cache that the procs read
from so that the procs are forced to re-evaluate the results.

Is this possible?

How do I know how many possible results are cached?