Search system catalog for mystery type

From: "Carlo Stonebanks" <stonec(dot)register(at)sympatico(dot)ca>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Search system catalog for mystery type
Date: 2009-11-04 16:31:55
Lists: pgsql-general

When I try the following command:
ALTER TABLE mdx_core.audit_impt RENAME TO _audit_impt;

I get the error message:

ERROR: type "_audit_impt" already exists
SQL state: 42710

I have looked through tables, types, sequences etc. I even did a PLAIN
schema (no data) backup on the DB and did a text search on the resulting
file for this name, nothing.

How do I search the system catalogs to find this particular "type"?