Re: Copy the database..

From: Rainer Bauer <usenet(at)munnin(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Copy the database..
Date: 2007-11-04 01:16:44
Lists: pgsql-general

Abandoned wrote:

>I tryed pg_dump but it is very slowly. Are there any faster way to
>copy database?

Actually, I was looking for something along the same line.

I often want to test some functionality in my program based on the same
dataset. However, dump/restore takes too long to be of any use.

Wouldn't it be possible to copy the database folder and somehow instruct the
postmaster to include the copied data after a restart?

Rainer