Re: How to define automatic filter condition?

From: Csaba Együd <csegyud(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: How to define automatic filter condition?
Date: 2008-11-12 10:10:41
Lists: pgsql-general

Andreas,
thank you for your reply. Yes, I know that there is such a mathod but I read
somewhere that it is just a limited way. BTW, I am going to dig into this
more deeper.

A possible solution has come into my minde: does it have any risk to use a
read only view for selects but inserts and updates are performed on the base
table? I mean that I would select data from the view and show that
automatically filtered row set to the user but when she/he inserts or
updates a row the generated query would operate on the real (base) table.

thx,

-- Csaba

""A. Kretschmer"" <andreas(dot)kretschmer(at)schollglas(dot)com> a következoket írta
üzenetében news:20081112075900(dot)GB13765(at)a-kretschmer(dot)de(dot)(dot)(dot)