[Pljava-dev] Blog: Performing SQL with PL/Java in PostgreSQL

From: johann at 2ndquadrant(dot)com (Johann 'Myrkraverk' Oskarsson)
Subject: [Pljava-dev] Blog: Performing SQL with PL/Java in PostgreSQL
Date: 2012-06-21 22:25:00
Lists: pljava-dev

Hi all,

Here is a new blog entry. For those of you who do not watch
planet.postgresql.org. The blurb is:

> Here we give an example of SQL in PL/Java. The first one shows how a
> function can perform a simple query based on a primary key and return
> the results. The next example shows how the JDBC driver can be used to
> connect to external PostgreSQL database instances; or the same one for
> semi-autonomous transactions. The final example shows how the Oracle
> JDBC driver can be used to achieve the same thing.
>
> This final example can be extremely useful when Postgres is run on a
> system for which there is no native driver for Oracle and hence the
> PostgreSQL Foreign Data Wrapper for Oracle is unlikely to work. People
> running Postgres on FreeBSD may benefit from this.
>
> While knowledge of PostgreSQL and PL/Java is assumed, the installation
> instructions and the provided script should help novices to get
> started.
>
> The examples are PostgreSQL licensed.

http://my.opera.com/myrkraverk/blog/2012/06/21/performing-sql-with-pl-java-in-postgresql

http://tinyurl.com/7ztz9dw

There is maybe one more article to come before I merge them and copy to
the wiki.

--
Johann Oskarsson http://www.2ndquadrant.com/ |[]
PostgreSQL Development, 24x7 Support, Training and Services --+--

Blog: http://my.opera.com/myrkraverk/blog/