Re: [Pljava-dev] proposal: moderate pljava-dev

From: John R Pierce <pierce(at)hogranch(dot)com>
Subject: Re: [Pljava-dev] proposal: moderate pljava-dev
Date: 2016-06-07 08:45:32
Lists: pljava-dev

On 5/29/2016 9:15 AM, Chapman Flack wrote:
> I've asked Marc whether moderation is a feature that can be turned on.
> Given the low volume of traffic, I would be happy to moderate. I should
> probably not be the only one able to pass messages though, to make
> sure they're not held up if something happens to me.

Mailman certainly supports moderation, just go to the general admin page
for the list, and set the 'Emergency Moderation for all list traffic'
option to "Yes", and Submit ...
http://lists.pgfoundry.org/mailman/admin/Pljava-dev

I'll volunteer to help out as a co-moderator... I've run email lists 20
years now, and I am online a lot, although I do take a few 3-5 day
offgrid trips a year (amateur astronomy, music festivals)...

this list is low enough volume, we could co-moderate it on a 'first come
first served' basis, which I think is simpler than trying to schedule
blocks of time to each moderator, too messy. If someone has already gone
through the moderation queue, then it will show up empty. ideally
someone checks it at least once a day.