Re: Finding error in long input file

From: Rich Shepard <rshepard(at)appl-ecosys(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Finding error in long input file
Date: 2024-07-09 22:40:33
Lists: pgsql-general

On Tue, 9 Jul 2024, Adrian Klaver wrote:

> bustrac=#\e scripts/insert-addrs.sql 488
> If that raises this error:
> environment variable PSQL_EDITOR_LINENUMBER_ARG must be set to specify a line
> number

Adrian,

It doesn't; it prints the contents of the file to the virtual terminal.
Using my default small editor, joe, I scrolled back through the file
displayed without seeing any error.

Should I run BEGIN: at the psql prompt prior to entering the insert command?
Would that tell me if any rows were entered and, if so, where that stopped?

TIA,

Rich