Re: First draft of PG 17 release notes

From: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>
To: Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: First draft of PG 17 release notes
Date: 2024-05-09 16:10:11
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 2024-05-09 Th 00:03, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> I have committed the first draft of the PG 17 release notes; you can
> see the results here:
>
> https://momjian.us/pgsql_docs/release-17.html
>
> It will be improved until the final release. The item count is 188,
> which is similar to recent releases:
>
> release-10: 189
> release-11: 170
> release-12: 180
> release-13: 178
> release-14: 220
> release-15: 184
> release-16: 206
> release-17: 188
>
> I welcome feedback. For some reason it was an easier job than usual.

*

Remove the ability to build Postgres with Visual Studio (Michael
Paquier)

Meson is now the only available Windows build method.

This is a category mistake. What was removed was the special code we had
for building with VS, but not the ability to build with VS. You can
build with VS using meson (see for example drongo on the buildfarm)

cheers

andrew

--
Andrew Dunstan