trigger output to a file

From: "pgsql-sql" <pgsql-sql(at)fc(dot)emc(dot)com(dot)ph>
To: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: trigger output to a file
Date: 2001-03-23 07:15:02
Lists: pgsql-sql

Hello Everyone,

Here's my simple question.

I just want to know/get the recent changes made to a table.
Deeper? I wanted the Postgresql server to *publish* every
changes made to a table (similar to replication, incremental transfer,
etc.).
What is the best way to go about it?

My idea is to create a trigger for every insert/update that will
select the new/updated record and output it to a file. Or better
yet, I would like to output the actual sql query to file.
Is it possible to output the result of an sql query from a trigger
to a file? How?

I would appreciate any answer. Thank you very much.
Sherwin