Improving Full text performance

From: xaviergxf <xaviergxf(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Improving Full text performance
Date: 2009-08-22 02:56:48
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi,

I´m using php and full text on postgresql 8.3 for indexing html
descriptions. I have no acess to postgresql server, since i use a
shared hosting service.
To improve search and performance, i want to do the follow:

Strip all html tags then use my php script to remove more stop words
(because i can´t edit stop words file on the server).

My question: What i´m thinking to do, has any collateral effects? Any
suggestions?

Thanks!