change PID/GID

From: Ray Stell <ray(dot)stell(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: change PID/GID
Date: 2016-12-09 15:20:09
Lists: pgsql-admin

Due to some external, sysadmin issues, I'm forced to change the pid/gid
of the postresql user on CentOS6. I'm wondering if this plan of action
has any flaws. It seemed to work in a test environment to shutdown and
change the pid/gid via:

find / -uid 1500 -exec chown -h 2500:2500 {} \; (as root, of course)

Startup went ok, but I've not done this in production and find myself a
little nervous. I'll test in a hotstandby config here in a moment. Any
gotchas hiding in there?

BTW, -h will change symlinks, which I found handy.

-h, --no-dereference
affect each symbolic link instead of any referenced file
(useful only on systems that can change the ownership of a symlink)