Error while starting PgAdmin 5.0

From: Julien de Murcia <demurcia(at)ockham-solutions(dot)fr>
To: pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Error while starting PgAdmin 5.0
Date: 2021-04-22 14:46:54
Lists: pgadmin-support

Hello,

When starting PgAdmin 5.0 as Desktop app on Windows 2019 server, some of
my customers are getting the following error message:
"L'administrateur a bloqué l'extension pgAdmin 4(ID :
cmifjmkpnpkdlfachldmblngbbmojlle)"
Sorry, the message is in French. AFAIK it comes from Chromium, which is
complaining about the extension pgAdmin 4 being blocked by the
administrator.
Unfortunately, I could not reproduce the issue on my environment.
According to our users, no log is generated under %AppData%\pgAdmin. Is
there any log file I could check to understand what is blocking the
extension ? Is this a known problem (incompatibility with security tools
or rules) ?

Best regards,

--
Julien de Murcia