synchronous_commit and mvcc

From: Kelly Burkhart <kelly(dot)burkhart(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: synchronous_commit and mvcc
Date: 2009-08-12 19:28:27
Lists: pgsql-general

Hello,

We have synchronous_commit=off in our postgresql.conf file. Does this
setting affect mvcc? For instance if I have two connections from processes
on different machines that do the following:

c1 begins transaction
c1 inserts rows into table
c1 commits transaction
c2 begins transaction
c2 queries table

At this point, is it possible that c2 is not able to see the rows from
connection 1 that were inserted and committed prior to the c2 transaction
starting?

Thanks,

-K