techdocs beta testing

From: "Guido Barosio" <gbarosio(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: techdocs beta testing
Date: 2006-04-19 01:31:54
Lists: pgsql-www

A quick run over the new techdocs site shows:

<404 errors>

* http://www.postgresql.org/docs/techdocs.3

"A Visual Basic utility to convert Dbase III, IV, and V" ->
http://www.postgresql.org/source/migration.zip

* http://www.postgresql.org/docs/techdocs.26

The reference to the "authors website" is wrong (404)

* http://www.postgresql.org/docs/techdocs.3

While calling the following links:

-"Porting Horror Story" ->
http://www.frankhilliard.com/horrorstory.cfm the connection timed out
with no success at all.
-"PostgreSQL and Microsoft Access" -> http://www.scw.org/pgaccess/ which (404)

<Weird behaviours>

* http://www.postgresql.org/docs/techdocs.3

- Directory listing instead of documentation, tho it's not clear or
maybe needs a review:

Conversion tool for migrating from MySQL to PostgreSQL by PostgreSQL Inc.

- Oracle Section

While calling: orapgsqlviews project at gborg
(http://gborg.postgresql.org/project/orapgsqlviews/projdisplay.php)
there gborg site
reports that something went wrong, no project was specified or an
invalid project was specified.

<Missing tags or work to be done>

- <a name> tags missing in:

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/techdocs.25

Tried to correct this, but the html editor complains when
I hit the save button.

the idea is to add the ....

<a name=one>
<a name=two>
<a name=three>
<a name=four>

.... tags to the objects therefore named in the content.

<add ons>

- added wikipedia as a technical reference in:

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/techdocs.2

Wikipedia related article: Related articles, comunity managed.
(or alike, just an idea)

(But couldn't check the preview, why?)

< ambiguous >

The techdocs.33 page seems to just a mid step between the original link in the
techdocs.4 page, and is just presenting a link to a pdf file, while in
other cases, we directly call the pdf files, tho.

< about >

I will walk again through the site, and try to spot other issues.
A formal QA document will be posted then to this list.

Would be great to understand why after saving some modifications I
wasn't allowed to get the preview. Prolly just late and my brain
working less than usual.

Regards,
Guido

--