Re: Trick to create alias/mirror table

From: shammat(at)gmx(dot)net
To: intmail01 <intmail01(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-sql(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Trick to create alias/mirror table
Date: 2024-07-08 13:44:21
Lists: pgsql-sql

intmail01 schrieb am 08.07.2024 um 15:04:
> No. Simple view can not be updated with a GUI like PgAdmin or
> LibreOffice Base. Only query code can modify it and every people can
> not code sql.

You might want to look for "no code" or "low code" solutions to provide an end-user friendly GUI to edit the data.

Tools in that direction that I have came across, but have never tried are SQLPage, NocoDB or Budibase.

Using a tool like that might even remove the need to "shield" the actual tables through views.