What is the simpliest text search configuration?

From: Jérôme Etévé <jerome(dot)eteve(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: What is the simpliest text search configuration?
Date: 2009-11-12 13:05:38
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi all,

I'd like to implement a full text search with postgresql, and I can't find
a text search configuration that would just:

map unicode accentuated letters to an un-accentuated equivalent
tokenize the words (and skip any non word characters)
no stopwords
lower case the tokens

How can I achieve this? I'm particularly interested in deactivating
the stopwords filtering.

I tried pg_catalog.simple, but despite its name, it still considers stop words.

Thanks for your help!

Jerome.

--
Jerome Eteve.