Re: how to speed up query

From: "Andrus" <kobruleht2(at)hot(dot)ee>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: how to speed up query
Date: 2007-06-14 11:47:30
Lists: pgsql-general

>> and script terminates after 5.5 hours running yesterday night.
>
> This might be a good reason not to run the script as a single long
> transaction --- it's probably accumulating locks on a lot of different
> tables. Which would be fine if it was the only thing going on, but
> evidently it isn't.

Thank you.
I removed transaction from script as all.
I send every statement separately to Postgres.
So each statement runs in its own single transaction now.

I hope that this does not decrease speed and this is best solution?

Now

explain analyze SELECT r.dokumnr
FROM rid r
LEFT JOIN dok d USING (dokumnr)
WHERE d.dokumnr IS NULL

returs the same time from script and when returned separately in small
database.

Andrus.