applicable mapping for clientcert=verify-full

From: Tilman Koschnick <til+pg(at)subnetz(dot)org>
To: pgsql-admin(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: applicable mapping for clientcert=verify-full
Date: 2021-03-11 20:06:25
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hi,

I'd like to combine password authentication with the clientcert=verify-
full option. According to the documentation, this would enforce that
the "cn ... matches the username or an applicable mapping".

If I try to specify the mapping by setting the map= option, I get the
following error:

authentication option "map" is only valid for authentication methods
ident, peer, gssapi, sspi, and cert

How do I specify the applicable mapping in that case?

Kind regards, Til