Re: Bulk_insert in postgresql like Microsoft SQL server

From: Thomas Kellerer <spam_eater(at)gmx(dot)net>
To: pgsql-admin(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Bulk_insert in postgresql like Microsoft SQL server
Date: 2018-12-20 13:25:49
Lists: pgsql-admin

Devendra Yadav schrieb am 19.12.2018 um 18:58:
>> On Wed, Dec 19, 2018 at 10:29 AM Devendra Yadav <devendra(dot)857(at)gmail(dot)com <mailto:devendra(dot)857(at)gmail(dot)com>> wrote:
>> > But the case is that, for it to happen it needs superuser permission which
>>
>> It only requires superuser permission if you ask the server to COPY a
>> file from the local filesystem.  Developers and programs should be
>> using client libraries and feeding the data to be copied (in or out)
>> to the server via the connection (which, for the server, is a
>> stdin/stdout stream).  psql provides this via \copy - other libraries
>> have their own methods.

> Thanks for the information David. I'll check that. We have most of
> our applications in Java and .net, if you can please highlight on
> these ?
With JDBC you can use the CopyManager API together with a "COPY FROM STDIN" statement.

https://jdbc.postgresql.org/documentation/publicapi/org/postgresql/copy/CopyManager.html

There are some examples on Stackoverflow:

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/6958965
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/46988855