Re: Unique Primary Key Linked to Multiple Accounts

From: Adrian Klaver <adrian(dot)klaver(at)aklaver(dot)com>
To: Anthony Apollis <anthony(dot)apollis(at)gmail(dot)com>, pgsql-general(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Unique Primary Key Linked to Multiple Accounts
Date: 2023-11-13 16:45:24
Lists: pgsql-general

On 11/12/23 23:02, Anthony Apollis wrote:
> Please advice. I brought in data from SAP and assigned unique primary
> key to the table:
>

> I joined it with a dimension table.
>
> Joining code
>
> fact."IMETA_ZTRB_MP$F_ZTBR_TA_BW"ASfact
> LEFTJOINdim."IMETA_BRACS_Mapping"ASbracs_map
> ONfact."Account_Number"=bracs_map."GCoA"ANDfact."Expense_Type"=bracs_map."EXPENSE FLAG"
>
> It is joined on the Account numbers, which appears in the table multiple
> times. Problem is the Unique Primary Key is then mapped to these Account
> numbers multiple times.

This is not a problem it is the nature of the table definitions and the
query. The PK is "ZTBR_TransactionCode", but you are joining on
fact."Account_Number"=bracs_map."GCoA"ANDfact."Expense_Type"=bracs_map."EXPENSE
FLAG". Since you indicate that there are multiple account numbers in the
table then it is no surprise that the "ZTBR_TransactionCode" is repeated.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian(dot)klaver(at)aklaver(dot)com