Re: Remote Sync

From: "Daniel Blaisdell" <lunk(dot)djedi(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "Simon Riggs" <simon(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
Cc: Postgresql <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Remote Sync
Date: 2006-03-16 02:05:31
Lists: pgsql-general

This sounds like a good idea. I only see one potential problem.

Say someone in the central office notices an error in a remote table, they
misentered a charge to be billed out. Using a replication system such as
Slony the table local to the worker in the central office will be readonly.
How would someone in billing, on a saturday with no one to contact in the
remote office, make such a change?

-Daniel