Re: BUG #16912: pg_dump 11 does not respect --quote-all-identifiers within function bodies

From: "Euler Taveira" <euler(at)eulerto(dot)com>
To: brandon(dot)m(dot)simmons(at)gmail(dot)com, pgsql-bugs(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: BUG #16912: pg_dump 11 does not respect --quote-all-identifiers within function bodies
Date: 2021-03-04 12:39:53
Lists: pgsql-bugs

On Wed, Mar 3, 2021, at 8:39 PM, PG Bug reporting form wrote:
> I'm using regex to rewrite identifiers in a SQL dump and rely on the
> double-quotes.
> Within plpgsql `CREATE FUNCTION` statements in the resulting dump,
> identifiers are not quoted as I would expect.
IIUC this is not a bug. You don't provide enough detail to show the issue. Are
you generating dynamic commands inside your PL/pgSQL function? If so, Postgres
doesn't manipulate function body. You should use quote_ident (that adds quotes
if necessary) or a similar user-defined function.

--
Euler Taveira
EDB https://www.enterprisedb.com/