Re: PGAdmin Installed As Server Mode on Windows Apache Cannot Do Backup-Restore with Access Denied Message

From: Surya Widyanto <ayrus02(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Khushboo Vashi <khushboo(dot)vashi(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
Cc: "pgadmin-support lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org" <pgadmin-support(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: PGAdmin Installed As Server Mode on Windows Apache Cannot Do Backup-Restore with Access Denied Message
Date: 2020-05-07 10:24:06
Lists: pgadmin-support

On 07-05-2020 11:01, Khushboo Vashi wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Thu, May 7, 2020 at 6:04 AM Surya Widyanto <ayrus02(at)gmail(dot)com
> <mailto:ayrus02(at)gmail(dot)com>> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> Recently I've successfully upgraded to PGAdmin v4.21 as Server
> Mode, but I had some problem when do Database Backup/Restore from
> PGAdmin.
> When I try to browse the directory/folder to store my backup file,
> the PGAdmin4 give Access Denied message. I cannot view the
> directory content which I try to save the backup file.
>
> Is there any config or setup file I missed to configure the
> directory permission on Windows?
>
> Another problem is after I upgraded to v4.21, I cannot refresh my
> materialized view using the right click context menu with error
> *Failed to create materialized view refresh job. [WinError 2] The
> system cannot find the specified file*
>
> What can I do so I can refresh my materialized view except from
> running it manually in Query Editor?
>
> FYI: I run the PGAdmin4 on Windows Server 2016 Standard (x64) and
> Apache/2.4.41 (Win64) mod_wsgi/4.7.1 Python/3.8
>
> Have you changed any config settings related to PATH (DATA_DIR,
> SESSION_DB_PATH etc)?
> On Windows, the DATA_DIR is set to %APPDATA%\pgAdmin by default.
> Reference:
> https://www.pgadmin.org/docs/pgadmin4/4.21/server_deployment.html#configuration

Yes, I've already change the *config_local.py* file according to my
server path. Below are my *config_local.py* file content:

SERVER_MODE = True

LOG_FILE = 'C:/WebApps/redacted/logs/pgadmin4.log'
SQLITE_PATH = 'C:/WebApps/redacted/pgadmin4.db'
SESSION_DB_PATH = 'C:/WebApps/redacted/sessions/'
STORAGE_DIR = 'C:/WebApps/redacted/storage/'

MAIL_SERVER = '127.0.0.1'
MAIL_PORT = 25
MAIL_USE_SSL = False
MAIL_USE_TLS = False
MAIL_USERNAME = 'redacted'
MAIL_PASSWORD = 'redacted'
MAIL_DEBUG = False

BTW, on the link you gave above there is no mentioning about *DATA_DIR
*variable on config file...?? Is there something I miss about the config?

For information, the *LOG_FILE *and *SQLITE_PATH *are working fine... I
can see the log file and view the *pgadmin4.db *file and it's content.
The *SESSION_DB_PATH *and *STORAGE_DIR *are both I check exists and
inside it some folder are created acording to the account and session
logged in to PGAdmin4 Server Mode.

Regards,
Surya