Logical Replication - Rep Manager

From: "Anjul Tyagi" <anjul(at)ibosstech-us(dot)com>
To: pgsql-admin <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Logical Replication - Rep Manager
Date: 2020-08-25 13:55:05
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hi Team,

We are planning to implement the Rep Manager in our environment to
manage the replication. While reading the documentation we found out
that if primary goes down. We can promote one of the standby server and
make it primary. However we have one reporting server that we are
replicating specific table data via logical replication. While doing
testing in lower environment, we noticed when we primary goes down and
we promote the standby server, our replication also breaks. Do we have
any option and suggestion to handle the logical replication in case of
failure.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Anjul TYAGI