specified cluster does not exist error

From: "jmv" <jval(at)migraciones(dot)gov(dot)ar>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: specified cluster does not exist error
Date: 2006-11-14 13:15:05
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi There,
I created a cluster with initdb into a custom directory /pgdata/bases, and
ser PGDATA environment to that value. I can start/stop postmaster from
command prompt.

Despite this, when I issue ./postgresql-8.1 start, cluster main is started
up instead.

Hence I modified init-d.functions line
for c in /etc/postgresql/"$2"/*; do
for c in /pgdata/bases/*; do

Now when I issue a startup I get the following error.

Starting PostgreSQL 8.1 database server: PERSONAL* Error: specified cluster
does not exist
failed!

Any clues?
regards,