Scalability

From: "Bill" <postgresql(at)dbginc(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Scalability
Date: 2006-10-29 00:31:28
Lists: pgsql-general

I am new to PostgreSQL and just beginning to learn the product. I will
probrobably be using it exclusively on Windows.

I was surprised to learn that PostgreSQL creates a new process for each
connection. Doesn't this severely limit its scalability by consuming
resources rapidly on the server as the number of user increases?

--
.Bill.