[Pljava-dev] java.lang.SecurityException

From: joves(dot)luo at gmail(dot)com (Joves Luo)
Subject: [Pljava-dev] java.lang.SecurityException
Date: 2005-03-29 16:41:30
Lists: pljava-dev

> You can always change your code to do a getBoolean() to fetch boolean
> values instead of getString().

I am looking at the PL/Java source and my code. I see that the
problem is I am trying to get the string of the data and put it into
an xml node attribute. The problem comes when the JDBC returns the a
sql boolean as a boolean object and the toString method can not handle
it. I am not sure what the correct standard for this is, but the
postgresql JDBC allowed it. I will change my code accordingly.

> I don't know. That's why I want you to send me the "hs_err_pid2317.log"
> file.

Sorry I didn't read that part originally. I will include it with this e-mail

> If it's broke in 1.1, I doublt it will be working in 1.0.

I think the reason that it worked in 1.0 was because the lower
security allowed me to add the Postgresql JDBC to the classpath and
the Postgresql JDBC was able to handle a toString() on all data types.

--
Joves Luo
Georgia Tech Senior
School Email: gtg861b at mail.gatech.edu