database encryption

From: caroline_m(at)gmx(dot)at (Caroline)
To: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: database encryption
Date: 2001-06-18 08:50:01
Lists: pgsql-sql

Hi!

First, I am pretty new to this newsgroup, so please excuse me if this
question already appeared here.
I was wondering if it is possible to create a database on a Server, where
all incoming datas are encrypted at their arrival, so that only the
sender/creator of the datas can read or change them and not the one who
provides the Server and the database. Like someone provides the space to
safe the data of a company but is not allowed to have access to the data.
(-> data security law)

Thanks in advance,

Caroline~