Two Factor Authentication and the Query Tool

From: Potvin, Jérémi <Jeremi(dot)Potvin(at)cra-arc(dot)gc(dot)ca>
To: PgAdmin Support List <pgadmin-support(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Two Factor Authentication and the Query Tool
Date: 2020-05-22 15:11:14
Lists: pgadmin-support

Hello,

I currently have two factor authentication set up on my PG database going to a Radius server.

I can connect to the database using Pgadmin4 v4.2 just fine, but as soon as I try to open a Query Tool window, I get an authentication error.
That's because pgAdmin is trying to pass the credentials of my initial connection to the Query Tool for it to connect to the database. I cannot reuse my initial credentials more than once.

In another tool (Data Studio) that I use to connect to DB2 databases, there's an option to prevent this:

[cid:image001(dot)png(at)01D63029(dot)B3656F50]

Does anyone know if there's a parameter in pgadmin or the config files that can fix my issue?
Would it be possible in later versions?

Thank you in advance for your help,
Jeremi