Re: RDS Postgresql 14.3 permission issue from powerBI

From: Mauri Sahlberg <mos(at)iki(dot)fi>
To: pgsql-admin(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: RDS Postgresql 14.3 permission issue from powerBI
Date: 2023-01-11 17:50:17
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hi,

windows has two places for the odbc user and password when using power
BI. One is in the driver settings and one is in the power BI itself. Are
you sure you are using postgresql-user? As it is odbc-connection then
you probably have checked that the odbc driver is compatible with the
14.3 postgresql version and not an older or much newer one? Some of the
errors power BI gives can be a bit misleading in my experience, some
things are cached and errors can be hidden for quite a while and only
noticed when refresh is requested or something new is added. It might
even be possible to see almost correct database structure in the
navigator but when you try to access members of the tree then the
connection is actually attempted and something fails. For that regard
are you sure you should be using odbc-connection type and not something
else?

Regards,

Mauri