Re: psql \copy hanging

From: "Arnaud L(dot)" <arnaud(dot)listes(at)codata(dot)eu>
To: Adrian Klaver <adrian(dot)klaver(at)aklaver(dot)com>, pgsql-general <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: psql \copy hanging
Date: 2019-10-08 07:06:41
Lists: pgsql-general

Le 07/10/2019 à 16:36, Adrian Klaver a écrit :
> So you are saying that you have not run the problematic line by itself?

It hung during last night's run.

I had modified my batch script to run the \copy commands separately,
i.e. it now reads as :
psql -h myserver -a mydb < originalscriptwithoutproblematicline.sql
psql -h myserver -a mydb < problematicline.sql

It hung at the problematic line, so during the second psql command.

I'm really at loss... I *believe* that the problem lies either in psql
or in PostgreSQL, but I really don't know what to try now.

Regards
--
Arnaud