Re: Is pg_restore in 10.6 working?

From: Adrian Klaver <adrian(dot)klaver(at)aklaver(dot)com>
To: David <dlbarron28(at)gmail(dot)com>, robjsargent(at)gmail(dot)com
Cc: pgsql-general(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Is pg_restore in 10.6 working?
Date: 2018-11-12 21:39:18
Lists: pgsql-general

On 11/12/18 11:39 AM, David wrote:
> I'm not following your question.  The pre-data and post-data sections
> each go to an individual file, but the data section goes to a
> directory.  I can restore the files using psql, but it is the restore of
> the directory that is hanging.

That is not what you showed in your OP:

This pg_dump command works:
pg_dump -U postgres -f predata.sql -F p -v -d prod_data

But a matching pg_restore command does nothing.
pg_restore -U postgres -f predata.sql -v

We would need to see the commands for data section to be able to comment
further.

--
Adrian Klaverfile:///usr/share/applications/thunderbird.desktop
adrian(dot)klaver(at)aklaver(dot)com