Quartz Scheduler + pgpool + PostgreSQL 12 = issues

From: Sbob <sbob(at)quadratum-braccas(dot)com>
To: Pgsql-admin <pgsql-admin(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Quartz Scheduler + pgpool + PostgreSQL 12 = issues
Date: 2022-06-30 23:18:58
Lists: pgsql-admin

All;

I have a client that was using pgbouncer and PostgreSQL 12 relatively
issue free, they recently deployed the quartz scheduler and now the db
is running out of max_connections on a regular basis. I have an outage
scheduled to increase max_connections but I am concerned that quartz
will simply use them up.

Has anyone else run into this? know of any fixes?

Thanks in advance